The first of two community garden work parties is this Saturday, February 18th from 9 am to noon at Frazer Park, 909 NE 52nd Avenue. Tools and a team leader from Portland Parks will be on hand for the event. You can sign up to help through Hands On Portland (if you need help signing up, you can call 503-200-3355).
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Dress for the weather. We are hoping for dry weather but . . .
- Work gloves
- Water (the site does not have a water fountain or public bathroom)
What to Expect
- Mixing compost into the soil
- Plotting out the garden spaces
- Mapping the pathways and other uses on the site
- The satisfaction of helping our neighborhood create a community garden
For questions about this work party event, call 503-200-3355. For information about the Portland Community Garden Program, contact Laura Niemi at 503-823-1612 or laura.niemi [at] portland [dot] gov. For information about our other garden needs, please see the How to help page.